Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dualism and Physicalism

       Dualist is a belief that Descartes agreed on, it mean that physical thing such as our body and the non physical thing such as our mind does not have the same property and cannot be explained by scientist. Which mean that the mind is a separate substance from our body. As for the physicalism their belief is that the body in one physical substance including the brain and mind which mean in their theory is that mind and the body are not separate.

      Descartes agree with dualist because first of all he is a religious man which was convincing for him to believe in, because all the religion theology it said that when the body died the mind travel to the afterlife.

     Overall I agree with the dualist theory because I know mind can do play trick on us such as do unexplainable thing. Also I agree that our mind is inside the brain and tells our body what actions should it used. Finally I see mind as a soul and the body as a tools for mind to use.

1 comment:

  1. 'Overall I agree with the dualist theory because I know mind can do play trick on us such as do unexplainable thing.'
    Tuhin, I'm confused by this. I don't see how it is an argument for dualism.

    ReplyDelete